Monday, June 12, 2017

apology

The other day I have criticised an essay published in round table by Kanika S.
1. for its approach towards a serious content like discrimination in visual culture by locating arguments in peripheral dichotomy as discrimination
2. for generalising an entire institution of varied practices and voices by a student work without contextualising 
nuances of complexity exist in academia and its practices
Unfortunately, I did not know this is a work by a student. Initially, I used a post-modernist mockery language to highlight the problem of language and with the response, I should have known this fact.
With due respect to her concerns she raised in the essay, I sincerely apologise her for my non-prudent critique of a student essay. (Kindly do not mistake this act as a top-down commentary of gender or class. This is only a pure democratic response.)

No comments:

Post a Comment