Sunday, October 16, 2016

the belonging

Three questions and problematic self
1
Couple of days back my very old friend called me and asked "why have I become arrogant and rude, a narendran he doesn't know?" as it would have been for anyone else, for a second I had a freezing moment in my life. I could not reply him and hanged the phone without a word of further argument.
I went back home and looked at mirror and asked " am I arrogant ?"
I could not make out who was in the mirror. A stranger slowly but steadily evolved from the mirror and it introduced himself to me in full attitude
"Hi ...I am narendra raghunath"
I could not make out when did I lost myself.
2
My friend did not give up. He called me again in the evening. "hello ...do not put down the phone ..."
I laughed at him and said "no ...I would not"
"heard that you are a known artist now!!"
"known to whom ? " I wondered
" I hear the stories from Delhi"
"I don't think and I don't check and I am not bothered" i replied
"if you ask, you did the biggest blunder leaving technology...tell me how much you must be earning..."
With little hesitation I told him my monthly income and a laughter broke out at the other end. At the end of the laughter he said
"you know, you rememberer you recruited me first to computers and today I earn your ten- fifteen years salary a month. I travel around the world and my kids study in world's best universities.."
This time laughter was from my side
" then why do you tell me all these things and why did you call me...?"
there was a silence on the other end. I got back myself
3
I went back to my canvas and started painting. My arrogance was all over the place and there was a smile still left behind.
Forgive my friends, i don't belong to your big world.

No comments:

Post a Comment